CO2 Inflators – Advanced Bike Air Pump
Do you want to enjoy a smooth and comfortable ride on your bicycle? If yes, then it is really important to have properly inflated tires… so a bike air pump becomes an ultimate necessity. As we all know, a bike or bicycle pump is used to inflate tires with the desired pressure, it can prevent your bike tires from punctures and will ensure a smooth ride.
CO2 Inflator Comparison Chart
1. Model Name: You can click the link to view more details about the product or to purchase.
2. Product Image: here you can see how the model looks like.
3. Includes CO2 Cartridge: Does the CO2 inflator include a cartridge or not.
4. Rating: Approximate User Rating on Amazon.com.
5. Price: These are approximate prices on Amazon.com. Graph legend: $ = under $50, $$ = $50 to $100, $$$ = $100 to $200, $$$$ = $200+
From a variety of bike pumps available on the market, you will come across an advanced device, known as CO2 Inflator or CO2 Bike Pump. Being the most modern model of bike pump, this type is utilized by professionals and serious racers. Before knowing more about this model, let’s have a look at what a bicycle tire pump is and how it works?
A bike pump usually comprises of the following components:
- Pressure Gauge (some types do not incorporate pressure gauge)
- Valve (Presta/Schrader)
Using compressed air, a bicycle pump is able to inflate the tires with the correct pressure. As the cylinder is compressed, the air is pushed down the tube through a valve. The pressure in the air forces the valve to open instantly and when the handle is pulled up, the valve shuts off automatically so that air cannot escape from the tire.
2. How Do CO2 Inflators Work?
The CO2 bike pumps are designed to be the fastest way to inflate tires with the correct pressure. These pumps use replaceable CO2 cartridges, which make the entire process very fast. There is a lever on a cartridge that is broken and the air is pushed into the tire valve quickly.
3. Advantages & Disadvantages Of CO2 Inflators/CO2 Bike Pumps:
- Provide accurate pressure information
- Very quick in performing inflation
- Compact in size
- Lightweight and portable
- Does not need pumping action to perform inflation
- They are comparatively expensive as you need to inflate tires more often using cartridges.
- Not very efficient as the tires need to be inflated within 2 to 3 days because of the CO2 molecules.
The CO2 bike pumps are suitable for the following users:
- Professional racers and cyclists
- Semi – professionals
- Users who need to inflate tires quickly
5. Valve Compatability Of CO2 Bike Pumps:
Being a major component, a valve needs to be considered first. It is this valve to which a bike pump is attached to perform the inflation process. There are mainly two types of valves:
1. Schrader Valves
2. Presta Valves
Schrader is the type that is usually found in ordinary models of bikes (like mountain or kids bikes), while the Presta valve can be found on high-quality racing bikes. If you buy CO2 inflators, you will benefit from the advantage that they are usually equipped with both Presta and Schrader valve connections.
6. Buy High-Quality CO2 Bike Pumps Online:
While searching for the fastest bike pump to inflate your tires very quick, CO2 inflators come as the top best buy solution. Being the fastest way to inflate tires, these devices are widely used by professional cyclists and racers. In order to buy a high-quality CO2 bike pump, Amazon is undoubtedly a great place to shop from.